Monday, March 20, 2006

Cheng Meng

Returning to my little hometown of Segamat for Cheng Meng. It has been so long since the last time I paid my respect to my parents at their resting place. I hope I will be able to do this more often in future.

Returning to Segamat always brings back memories, some good and some not so pleasent. However, Segamat is where my roots are and like it or not it has always held a special place in my heart. As I gets older and have more time for reflection, I cannot help feeling a stronger attraction towards this little hometown of mine. Over the years I have lived and visited many famous cities of the world, but little Segamat has always been a place I like to visit again and again. Friends and classmates have all but left for pasture new. I hardly know anyone in Segamat nowadays, but it is always nice to walk along streets I used to play in so many years ago. Everything appears to be so small now.

Whenever I visit Segamat, I have the, " I have returned home " feeling. Nice feeling !!!!

I have always maintained that " you can take me out of Segamat, but you can never take Segamat out of me". I am just a country boy at heart.

No comments: