Thursday, August 10, 2006

Final days in Singapore

Goodbye Singapore – Hello London

August 6, 2006

I am writing this while still in Singapore and counting down the days when I will be able to wave farewell to Changi Airport. Date of departure is August 10. Well, after nearly 2 months here I have just about reached my tolerance level of this little island. I must admit in some way it is nice to be here. I have part of my family here and seeing them and being close to them is great. Malaysia is just across the causeway which is also good for my fortnightly visits. There are a few things I will miss when I leave here. On the other hand I am also quite looking forward to returning to UK.

Today we went to Chinatown for a dim sum buffet. Food was good and I must admit I had a little too much. No dinner tonight. The most important thing I have to do when I get back to UK is to go on a strict diet and to go for our daily walks. The daily walks will not be a problem; however going on a diet might just prove too difficult. Will just have to wait and see.

August 8, 2006

Visited Orchard Road for a little last minute shopping. Dinner at Food Republic along Orchard Road. The place was quiet considering that it is the eve of the Singapore National Day.

August 9, 2006

Today Singapore celebrates National Day. There is a National Day Parade at the stadium but it is by invitation only. I am really not bothered anyway. I certainly am not interested. Can’t see why they make such a big fuss over it.

We went to the Singapore Swimming club for lunch and then went on to the IMM Mall for some last minute shopping for the wife.

August 10, 2006

Today we leave Singapore. Booked on the night flight on BA016. Really looking forward to our home in Welwyn Garden City. Wonder how the garden has turned out with the lack of rain for the past few weeks. The bird feeders would all be empty and the poor garden birds will have all left. One of the first things that has to be done will be to top up the feeders. Then there are the fruit trees. Hope they are all OK. Looking forward to the fruits from the 3 plum trees. They should be just ripening around this time of the year.

My next post will be from UK.

No comments: