Thursday, March 22, 2007

My Three weeks in Welwyn Garden City

Three weeks have gone by since my return to the UK. Now I am on my way back to Singapore. Writing this in the Holideck Lounge at Heathrow Terminal 4. Of all the lounges that I have visited, this must be one of the worst. Although quiet and clean, this lounge offers nothing more than a few packets of crisps, nuts and soft drinks. Alcohol is available for those who drink. I cannot imagine anyone would pay USD 15 just for the privilege to use this lounge. My Priority Pass comes with my American Express which entitles me to use this lounge free of charge.

The weather during the three weeks in the UK has been very good. Spring was in the air. All the daffodils in the garden are in full bloom. The three plum trees, the apple tree and the pear tree in the garden are all starting to put out their blossoms. Everything was coming alive and it is a great time to be in the UK. A pair of robin are nesting in the nest box and another box nearby is being occupied by a pair of blue tit.

With spring comes the need for some gardening. The lawn has been mowed and the roses trimmed. The flower beds have been weeded and a covering of mulch applied to reduce weed growth. More work is needed in the garden but it will have to wait until our return in June.

I wonder what is in store for me in Singapore over the next 3 months. I will try to paint a little. It is also my intention to catch up with old classmates from Segamat. We have the planned reunion on April 28. Looking forward to that.

Writing this flying at 35000 ft over India. Dianne has been upgraded to First class. Unfortunately I am in Economy. The flight is half full so there are many empty seats available to stretch out for comfort. Singapore in another 5 hours. Looking forward to some warmer weather. It was snowing when we left Heathrow last night.

How I spend the next three months or so in Singapore will depend on our travel schedule. We plan to spend some time in KL, JB and possibly a trip to China.

No comments: