Friday, September 28, 2007

Singaporean drivers

Our first night in Singapore and we were invited out for dinner. Having been in the UK for the last 4 months I have almost forgotten the Singaporean drivers’ manners when they get behind the wheel. It was a rainy night and the roads were all wet and slippery. From home to destination was no more than 10 kilometers. It took us about 40 minutes and I was bullied no less than 5 times along the way. I must say I do not enjoying driving in Singapore. Singaporean drivers have manners from the gutter.

Singapore is trying very hard to becoming a first world country. I have no doubt that they will achieve that with the way the Singapore government is going about it. However, when Singapore finally attain first world status, the mentality of Singaporean drivers must also be upgraded.

First world status with a population of third world mentality is futile.

When driving in Singapore I have to constantly remind myself that I am in Singapore and I have to expect the unexpected.

No comments: