Friday, January 04, 2008

To Kuala Lumpur and then UK

Next week we leave for a few days in Kuala Lumpur. There are a few things we need to sort out in Malaysia. I have booked us in my favorite hotel, the Royale Bintang in Damansara. Next to the hotel is one of the largest shopping malls The Curve. This is a very prestigious shopping mall with outlets selling all sorts of branded goods. It is a very pleasant place to spend a day just going through the stores. Adjacent to this shopping mall is another building housing eateries and restaurants. There is a restaurant specializing in Peranakan dishes at this place. We have been there twice and we enjoyed dining there on both occasions. We will definitely dine there during our stay in KL.

One of the days in KL will be dedicated to meeting up with my brother and family. I am looking forward to seeing them again. It has been a long time since our last meeting. We have also a dinner appointment with an old school friend. The remaining time will be dedicated to shopping, eating and just chilling out at some of our favorite haunts in KL.

Five days after we return from KL we will be on our flight back to UK. The weather in UK will be cold this time of the year. Leaving the house empty during the winter months may cause problems such as leakage and condensation. I must admit I am a little concerned. Anyway it will be good to return to UK again, albeit into the cold.

Before we leave for UK I have to remember to assemble my usual collection of cooking ingredients for the next few months stay. There are some items that are not available in the UK. Cooking is a hobby of mine and it is important I have the necessary ingredients.

Looking forward to returning to UK. I am getting a little bored here in Singapore. I guess 3 months is more than I can tolerate staying in Singapore.

No comments: