Thursday, July 27, 2006

Leaving Singapore

Leaving Singapore again in two weeks time. Looking forward to returning to UK and the long warm summer days. I must say I have no regrets leaving Singapore. Two and a half months in this place is just about as much as I can take. The country as a whole is not too bad. It is clean, tidy and orderly. The only downside about the whole place is the people. Singaporeans are certainly not the kind of people I like to be with for too long.

UK has been experiencing some extremely hot weather recently. I understand that there is a hosepipe ban in place. The lawn will certainly be scotched and dry. I hope the fruit trees have survived. Actually I am looking forward to the succulent fruits from the three plum trees I have in the garden.

Another concern of mine is the 100 bottles of wine I have stored in one of the bedrooms upstairs. I hope the hot weather has not damaged them. Wish I had a cool cellar for wine storage in my house.

The next two weeks will be quite busy with last minute dinners or lunches with friends and relatives. I have already put on a few extra kilos during to cruise and trip to KL, so I am dreading this two weeks of more dining out. Must seriously consider a diet and exercise regime when I get to UK.

Between now and our departure to UK we have to make a trip to JB for my Singapore visa extension. I do not mind the day trip to JB. Always enjoy my one day away from Singapore. As I have often said, it is like a breath of fresh air.

No comments: