Saturday, October 20, 2007

Garden Renovation - The Saga

The garden renovation promised by the contractor to take no more than 4 days has gone into its 6th day with no end in sight. Bad weather was blamed for the delay, but if you ask me it is just bad planning and management. Over the last few days they have been on the project, I have noticed that the 2 Bangladeshi workers were not putting in their share of the labour. One of them was sleeping on one of our garden chairs most of yesterday afternoon when the contractor was away. I guess one should not expect work dedication from the imported labour force. As they say, if you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

I will be glad to see the back of this lot and get my life back to normality. The floor of the house is filthy with sand and mud and I have to walk around in shoes in the living and dining room.

It has been raining all morning - another day delay on the card ?

No comments: