Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas Day 2007

Christmas Day 2007 arrived. Got up early and decided to breakfast at the local food market. As we will be having a heavy meal later in the day I selected a light breakfast of “chui kwey”, a sort of rice cake with the texture of jelly - nice and soft. After of few mouthfuls of this soft rice cakes I discovered that one of my crowns has detached itself. I was lucky I did not swallow it. What a bad start for my Christmas Day. All Singaporean dentists are closed for the festive day so I guess I will have to wait until either Boxing Day or later to get it seen to.

This Christmas, I was appointed to cook the Christmas turkey again. On top of that I had to prepare enough curry for 15 people. Preparing food for the family get together Christmas dinner has never been a problem for me. The dinner party went well. The turkey was much appreciated and the curry was very popular. My contributions towards the dinner spread were well-liked. By the end of the evening most of the spread had been consumed.

A few rounds of mahjong ended the evening. Good food, fine wine and good company made the evening a very happy occasion. The evening was a success. Another Christmas has come to an end. Christmas 2008 is another 364 days away.

Not looking forward to the visit to the dentist in the next few days.

No comments: