Friday, December 07, 2007

Day in JB

December 5th was a good day. The weather was horrible. It rained all day, but that did not dampen our spirit. We left Singapore early to avoid the rush at the causeway. By 7.30 that morning we were at Senai having our usual roti prata breakfast. Of course I did not forget buying breakfast for the Indian boy, our neighbour at our Senai house. After a leisurely breakfast we spent the rest of the morning at the house in Senai.

Shopping at Giant superstore was good. By 12.30 pm we were on our way to meet my brother and his children from Segamat. It was a moment I have been looking forward to for a long time. They finally arrived at 2.30 pm. It was so good seeing them again. The children have grown so much since I met them last. I fell in love with all three, especially Jason the youngest. Like all boys his age he is football crazy and a keen supporter of Manchester United. I got him a MU shirt with Ronaldo 7 on the back and a pair of MU shorts.

The rest of the day was spent in Terbau City where we lunched and shopped until late in the evening when we returned to City Square. We left them at City Square to catch the night train to Segamat. We crossed the causeway and returned to Singapore.

I really enjoyed my day with my brother and family. I am happy that we are finally reunited and constantly in touch via telephone calls and emails. The best thing that has happened is that I have a nephew and 2 nieces to pamper and love.

No comments: