Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Jason - my nephew

When I left Segamat many years ago Jason was just a baby. Jason is the youngest child of my youngest brother. On my visit last week to Segamat I met Jason again. He is now 13 years old and what a fine boy he has become. A very polite boy, soft spoken and very well mannered. He was rather shy when we met but we very quickly became friends. I think the box of chocolates made things easier. I must remember to bring him more from UK when I visit Segamat again.

I was rather sorry our visit to Segamat was such a short one, but I am glad we made it. It has been too long since our last visit. First mother is getting older and very few uncles and aunts are left. Those who are left are also getting on in age. Siblings and cousins who are still in Segamat are like me getting older and it would be a shame to stay away for too long. Nephews and nieces are all grown and most have departed either for work or studies in KL or overseas. Very soon there will be very few left in Segamat.

I will return for another visit soon. Segamat will always be home to me. You can take me out of Segamat, but you will never take Segamat out of me.

No comments: